Bus and Bird Arts believes that Art has a valuable role to play in education through its support of creative thinking. Creative approaches to learning develops problem solving abilities, builds fine motor skills and encourages neural connections. Art based learning positively impacts on core subjects and develops young people’s confidence.
Teacher CPD in Art and Design
We offer specialised and focused CPD sessions around the National Curriculum in Art and Design for whole school staff. Clare Taylor has spent 14 years working with primary staff devising and delivering bespoke Art and Design packages, including cross curricular approaches for individual schools. We can support you and your school to build up your staff’s confidence through inspiring and engaging sessions delivered in person or online.
We offer the following services:
· Artsmark and Arts Award delivery (Artsmark Partner and Arts Award Centre)
· Support for subject leaders with the provision of a broad, balanced knowledge-rich curriculum
· Arts consultation and Whole School staff CPD responding to specific school based needs
· Creative and Cultural Industries Careers talks –class or assembly based
· Family Learning – specifically to engage families in need
· Site specific commissions involving the whole school community (such as mosaics and textile banners)
· After school Art Clubs, including those with an emphasis on well being through nature
· Workshops for pupils (from ceramics and sculpture through to printmaking and stitch